Thursday 13 February 2014

Red Velvet Cupcakes...

In the end college did close today, with very limited services being offered at the dining hall and the fitness centre as staff struggled to get onto campus. What with the continual freezing cold and snow here, 100ft waves and widespread flooding at home, and huge forest fires in Australia, the weather seems to be all we're talking about at the moment - it feels slightly 'day after tomorrow'.

Anyway, it was a free day nonetheless. I got up as usual, expecting the dining hall to be open at 8:30am as I was told yesterday. But, due to the weather breakfast wasn't being served until 10:30am, so I slid across campus in driving wind and rain to the library. The doors were open so I went inside and flicked on the lights. I watched as much of a documentary for Miller's class as I could before breakfast, contending with endless buffering. 


We stayed in the dining hall, deciding what to do with our free day. I went to the piano  and finalised some details on the essay due tomorrow. Then I headed over to Lenka's to hang out and do some writing in the warm with a mug of tea. 

Shannon and Danny decided to do some baking, so they made some red velvet cupcakes that are amazing. Although, after hearing what went into the frosting you can only afford to have one a day. Needing some healthy nourishment, Shannon, Danny and I drove over to the dining hall in driving rain whilst Lenka and Will kept writing their essays. 

We returned to B and spent the evening writing and watching TV in the warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment