Saturday 8 February 2014

A Green Jacket...

Today started as any Saturday, a late wake with brunch to follow, hoping the fried food did something towards absorbing the joys of the previous night. 

But, at 1:00pm Sean picked up, Lenka, Will and I, and we drove out to DC for some clothes shopping towards Birthday Ball. After much browsing we finally found Will most of his attire. I myself picked up the blue tie I was looking for to go with my Ravenclaw themed colour co-ordination, and I also bought somewhat of a luxury piece for myself. It isn't often that I just buy clothes for myself and the past two times have been with Sean and included green clothing - I think he might be a bad influence, although I did encourage him to buy something for himself. So, the new addition to my wardrobe is a green jacket that will go perfectly for smart casual events and a summer jacket. 

After eating we went to Maggiano's, Sean having made a reservation earlier in the day. Following our classy clothes, we at classy Italian, which reminded me a lot of Carmine's, where we went for Thanksgiving. We decided that watching a film as well would push us getting back too late, so we made a briefish trip into the city centre to give Will a taste of the capital's monuments. 

Arriving back at campus, Sean dropped the three of us off at B, where we watched 'Warm Bodies'. I'm not a zombie person at all, but I thought that it was an interesting twist on what I see to be a somewhat overused apocalyptic template. Anyway, back in Worcester now I've hung up the new clothing and I'm psyching myself up for actually doing some work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment