Monday 10 February 2014

A Shower, At This Hour?...

The snow stuck around today and the temperature continued to drop below zero. The day started unusually with someone deciding that for the first time in six months they would use the shower I use every morning at 7:30am. Taken aback by this sudden interruption to the status quo, I marched out of the bathroom, almost de-toweling myself as I slipped on the only wet spot in the corridor - luckily there was only one other person around and I think I saved the situation. Forming a contingency plan, I went to one of the other showers for a less pleasant start to the day. The cubicle may have just been big enough to swing a hamster in and aside from getting cramp from trying to dry off, it went ok. Now, I'm nothing but flexible when it comes to routines. So, tomorrow I shall get up a bit earlier and jump in the big shower to stop this new routine dead before it has a chance to start. 

After the initial disturbance, I had a productive morning posting some cards, collecting mail, and printing the first draft of an essay, along with my Birthday Ball ticket. 

After first class Lenka came back to Worcester to nap, whilst I sorted out some things before a Civil War documentary in second class. We had lunch and then continue our watching experience with the first film noir of the genre. 

I went over to the library to finish the day's work, where I had the nice surprise of meeting up with Marcela for a while. Shannon joined us and from there we went to dinner. After a text from Lenka I walked over a sandwich, literally to her bedside because I'm such a nice guy, then we watched the first episode of 'Black Sails' - we both approved. I went back to campus to help Sean put up flyers for the Quidditch Tournament on the dorm room doors and then returned to B to collect my things.

No comments:

Post a Comment