Sunday 16 February 2014

Mental and Physical Workout...

Today was a far more productive end to the week. After brunch, whilst everyone but Sean went to the Christiana Mall to do some shopping for Birthday Ball, I headed to the library to finish some reading. So, I didn't get up for around three hours, finishing the last hundred pages of the book for Miller's first essay on the Spanish conquest of Yucatan and the Maya. 

Finishing by mid-afternoon, I went back to Worcester and changed for the gym, where I spent an hour and a half. I did ten miles on the bike at a reasonably high level to keep strengthening my legs for thirty minutes. Giving them a rest, I moved onto a hundred sit ups to help gain some degree of upper body strength, and then an uphill mile walk on the treadmill to ease all the burning muscles - not forgetting to stretch at the end so as not to wake up tomorrow too painfully. 

Hungry and not sure when the others would be back to do family dinner, I had a healthy snack at the dining hall to keep me going. 

Feeling like I deserved a reward for my day of mental and physical workout, I watched the fourth episode of 'House of Cards' and chilled out until Sean was finished with work at 8:00pm, at which point we went over to Lenka's. 

A huge thank you to Wilson for cooking this week, treating us to a beef and noodle stir fry, which was excellent. I'm taking up the baton next Sunday, so I need to start flicking through my mental cookbook to try and keep up with the high standard of cooking. After food we watched the second episode of 'Black Sails' and relaxed until it was time to part ways for the night whilst the KC Shuttle was still running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment