Thursday 27 February 2014

Hitting The Hunger...

I continued pushing through the workload today in an attempt to compensate for the week away over Spring Break, which is fast approaching.

To start the day, however, Will and I convened in the dining hall for breakfast and then went over the road to the barber's for our first haircuts of the spring semester. I went back for a second shower, feeling itchy, and then went up to the dining hall once more to do some reading for an upcoming discussion class before lunch. 

I stayed up there until Miller's class, after which I went to the library. I read the article Miller had handed out for next week to get it out of the way - who knew you could talk so much about pigs in early interactions between colonists and Native Americans? I also printed off my film essay to be handed in tomorrow on screwball comedies (basically a man and a woman who don't get on and appear wrong for each other, end up falling in love and living happily ever after). After finishing up with some Relay detailing, I went to Worcester to change for the gym.

Today's workout was by far the easiest yet - as in I did the same amount of work, but did not tire anywhere near as much. Nevertheless, it was still sweaty work and going to the dining hall I realised one thing that I hadn't fully comprehended. Now that I've actually started exercising, I am getting hungry far more quickly and blood sugar drops in class are leaving me feel pretty drowsy. So, at dinner I ate several platefuls to fill the void, and feeling much better, went back for the third shower of the day - damp towel :( 

This evening I went to Lenka's where she was essay writing and I did some book work to relax after a long, but productive day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment