Sunday 23 February 2014

Birthday Ball...

Yesterday was a red letter day in the calender, with the much anticipated Harry Potter themed Birthday Ball for our founder and First President of the United States, George Washington. 

After brunch I packed up my formal clothes for that evening and loaded them into Shannon's car. We picked up Will and Lenka and did some shopping. Will and I decided to do our own pizzas for the evening whilst the girls were getting ready, so that we could eat at KC rather than trek back and forth to the dining hall. We also did a liquor store run and had to walk back to campus anyway  because I forgot my shirt and Will forgot to print off his ticket. All in all, I certainly got my steps in running around. 

We cooked, changed and had a few drinks before going over to the German suite in Chester (photos to come). From there we made our way over to the ball itself. Everyone had a lot of fun, I certainly did. A massive thank you to everyone in the SEB and all the other departments who have worked tirelessly to pull it all together. 

When everything came to a close we joined the throng walk/staggering/piggy-backing towards the dining hall for some food. The queues, as expected were horrendously long, but what kind of an Englishman would I be if I didn't join it without complaint or making no attempt to talk with the people around me? So, I spent a silent half and hour or so getting some food then returning to join the others. We ate and chatted for a while as the place quietened down before turning in for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment