Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Poster Sale...


Today was the first day of the poster sale and I took the opportunity to "British-up" my side of the room somewhat. These posters along with the union jack flag and the bags of Twinings are starting to make the place look a bit more homely. I may go back tomorrow to see if any other posters catch my eye. 

Another hot hour or so of squash went well with me narrowly claiming a 2:1 victory after some warming up. 

Two and a half more hours of 'Grapes of Wrath' this evening. I swear that Penguin Classics put too many words on a page just to make you feel like a slow reader. That, and I think Steinbeck needed to work on dividing his chapters better; the last one took fifteen minutes, but I've estimated an hour and a quarter reading time for the next one - bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment