Monday 9 September 2013

Back Into The Cycle...

After the manic schedule of the weekend, even the busy Monday felt quiet. Classes were routine, with the film Employees' Entrance to wind up proceedings. Back at Worcester I read for tomorrow and then spent the hour and half leading up to dinner relaxing with some online TV. 

After dinner, I made my way, slightly unsure of the right direction, to the Sassafras lounge for the first History Society meeting to go over events and proceedings for the upcoming semester. Naturally, I will be attending the inherited Blitz Ball and my RAF uniform will be arriving with my parents later in October. 

Feeling slightly guilty for my ninety minutes of slacking earlier in the day, I went to the library to review my first paper and begin setting out a plan for the second. 

On a serious note. My purpose with this blog is to inform people back home and here in the US of what's been happening. Therefore, I would see it as a mark of disrespect to simply ignore and omit the tragic news of an apparent suicide that occurred on campus earlier this evening. I only write this now because we have been formally informed by the President of the college. I will say no more details on the matter, respecting the privacy of the student in question and their family, to whom our thoughts and sympathies go out to. In case no one has checked their email, there will be a moment of campus silence and reflection tomorrow at noon in Martha Washington Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment