Sunday 29 September 2013

The Lemon Leaf...


This morning Autumn, or Fall, was definitely in the air. The day was bright and clear despite a mild chill and the leaves are on the turn.  

After getting up early to Skype family from Hodson, I briefly looked over one of the two essays in this week before US Sam picked me up and we went down to the Lemon Leaf for breakfast, where we met Oz Sam and then Sean. I can say that I most definitely approve - anywhere that brings me tea inside an historical looking book is an instant favourite. The food was very good, the service friendly and the price reasonable - I would suggest it to anyone wanting good food and a relaxed morning. 


From the Lemon Leaf we went to Dunkin' Donuts for US Sam to get an iced pumpkin something or other, and purely because it was free, I had a small coffee, which I threw a fair bit of over the counter, my hand and a little bit on Sam - sorry again. 

Back at campus, I read through the second essay outside the library and did the reading for this week. The weather was warm and for a while, me and Oz Sam were the only people out there, which was great. 

When the work for the week was done and I had grown bored of watching a pair of squirrels chase each other around a tree, I went inside to join the others and did book stuff until our brief peer mentor meeting at 3pm. With plans for me and Caitlin to have the individual mentor meeting over squash on Tuesday, I headed back to the library and continued to work until an early dinner at 5:15pm.

After we had eaten a bit, we followed our usual Sunday routine of heading over to Kent Crossing and in a Hobbit-like fashion, we had second dinner, this week cooked for us by Lenka. Eoin, Sam and Sean then returned to their work, whilst me, Lenka and Shannon stayed and watched episode 9 of GOT. Now back in Worcester, I am trying to find out how I can watch Homeland without paying the subscription fee that seems to come with all online programme watching. 

1 comment:

  1. It's CALLED a Iced Pumpkin Latte and it's the most delicious Fall creation in the history of the world, sir.

    ReplyDelete