Sunday 22 September 2013

The End Of A Long Weekend...

Brunch was especially busy today, not only with students' parents here for Fall Family Weekend, but also with the alumni baseball team causing long queues for food. 

Still patience prevailed and after food, Sam and I walked down into Chestertown, where I had decided to return to Bookplate to buy a collector's set of Crusade histories at a very good price with money that I received from selling my old clarinet - nerdy I know, but they are very nice and they will come in useful for my final year. 

Back at campus, I wrestled with HBO for a while as I tried to gain access to Game of Thrones, but having no luck, I went over to Lenka's to grab the episodes from Sam's hard drive. From there, the three of us walked back down through town and to the waterfront where the international office was having refreshments to celebrate a Chinese Moon Party - with moon cake of course. We also let off Chinese lanterns, ours was the first to fly, but falling before long into the Chester River - had it landed on the vintage sailboat, there would have been quite a display.




At 5:30pm we made our way to Shannon's for Sunday Dinner and a big thank you to herself and Lenka for cooking this week. With the Relay For Life business cancelled, I was now free to go with the others to see the American Shakespeare Company's performance of Henry IV Part I for free no less. The show was amusing and well done with many original features of Shakespearean theatre.


Now, with the rest of the evening free, I shall sit back and watch episode three of Game of Thrones - 'Lord Snow'

No comments:

Post a Comment