Monday 9 September 2013

A Flame Went Out Tonight

Most people that know me, will know that I dislike sharing my writing with other people, mostly because I don't like knowing what they think of me because of it. But, I will make an exception tonight. 


That spark of creation, of imagination, for preservation,
fell victim to a wash of sorrow in the depths of despair.
But as one world crashes to the shore ours still turns,
feeling the flood that follows, and the tears
swell the flow that pours through the minds and hearts
of those once close, now stranded,
by the waves.
Feeling isolated from us who hold back the tide.
But words can traverse this sea.
They travel on the air and carry messages of faith;
the dove that promises a light of hope in this future
suddenly thrown into darkness.
We must cast this light through the gloom,
for the flame that went out tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment