Monday 9 September 2013

Aching Limbs...

Yesterday was a much warmer day than Saturday with a longer lie-in. Breakfast was excellent once again and we were soon on the road back to Chestertown. Surprisingly, I did not burn on Saturday, but not having aching limbs was a bit too much to ask for. My arms feel fine, but my shoulder blades and thighs, from sitting high in the raft, are certainly feeling the strain. But, I'm still determined to continue my routine of playing squash on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

Anyway, the drive back was largely uneventful, except for the longest hour of my life when I desperately needed the toilet, which didn't apparently constitute an emergency so that they could pull over. I did try to reason that if I couldn't hold then there would very much an emergency situation, but I was resigned to hold off until the rest stop. However, after the toilet break I could take a nap and rest up after a long weekend.

Getting to college at 3pm, I had forgotten that I had volunteered to cook curry for people at Shannon's so I went out with her to buy food. After a rush to beat the Freshmen from the Mt. Vernon trip to the dining hall, we headed over to KC at 6:30pm and I donned by chef's hat and apron to cook everyone the Birmingham delicacy. After food, we sat down for a good old British evening of comedy with 'The Holy Grail'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment