Thursday 19 September 2013

Forget The Cold And Carry On...

The cold has hit with full force today, but lots of fluids and a stiff British constitution is keeping the worst at bay. To that end, today has also been the most productive this week. This morning after breakfast I finished reading for the next paper, typed up notes for a quiz next week, amended two first drafts, copied up some film notes, and began planning the upcoming paper. 


Drew, on the right was the barber for today
and he did a perfect job
After Miller's class, I went over the road and experienced my first authentic barber shop experience at 'College Heights Barber Shop' run by three generations of the Thompson family. I decided to smarten up before Homecoming tomorrow - at least my hair can look nice even if my face is saying that I'm dying of cold. After the haircut I went next door to the bank and authorized my credit card for my American account. Then, I went back to Worcester to get my things for the essay plan and made for the library to begin forming an as yet unknown argument. 

At the library I found Caitlin and Marcela working. Before I started planning however, I fulfilled a promise and went with Axel, Amer and Caitlin to hear their upcoming presentation and give them some feedback. Leaving them at quarter past four, I went over to the GEO to meet up with some people who are thinking about studying abroad at Royal Holloway next year. I think that me and Lenka gave a good advertisement for the college and covered as much as we could about life at uni, London and England in general. 

From the GEO I went back to the library and finally got down to filling out the essay plan. With most of the work done, I broke for dinner at 6:30pm and then went back to the library to finish the plan. At 10:00pm I printed off the finished plan, satisfied with a productive day and headed back to Worcester with a large cup of tea - the ultimate remedy for a cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment