Friday 13 September 2013

The Final Book Is Shelved...

TGI Friday. It's finally the end of a long week and I am thoroughly looking forward to a relaxing, work-free weekend ahead. Today began with a slightly alarming encounter with a cricket in the shower. But after a stand-off of flip flops at dawn, I could proclaim myself the victor and get on with the morning before class. 

After the first class and some feedback on the first draft of my first paper, I read a bit and then headed over to the pianos and filled the time before I had to return to Smith for 'The 1920s & The New Deal'. Once classes were over, I returned to Worcester to find that my final course book had arrived. This wasn't the first copy of the book I ordered, which, after the delivery company said had been delivered and the post room had no record of, apparently vanished into the ether. Anyway, cutting a long story of many emails short, I received a full refund and having gone to another company, the next day delivery held true so that I could pick the book up before the weekend. It also means that I no longer have to mooch of Sam, but thanks for letting me borrow yours until now.    

With the book situation sorted, I also looked over my first draft of my Hollywood Film paper and then made my way to the library to print it out and finished another ridiculously long chapter of 'Grapes of Wrath'. Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment