Monday 28 April 2014

The Final Film...

Today began the last, incomplete week of classes of the year. In Civil War a guy in my class brought in a couple of bullets that actually wounded his great-great-grandfather who fought under Lee in Virginia, which was really great. I had no idea just how heavy the bullets were. 

At lunch I met up with Sean and discussed the possibility of spending some time at his house and in New York before he flies out to Ireland and I then head down to DC to fly home. No concrete plans yet but it's an idea. Having looked at the cost of travel and considering that I'm inter railing when I get home, I have decided on a quiet, relaxing and easy going end to my year abroad. This may seem like a bit of an anti-climax, but I don't think it is. This year has been full of adventure and now I am ready to reflect upon it and completely unwind for my last weeks in America.

Anyway, after a particularly the absurdest film 'Bedazzled' from Peter Cook and Dudley Moore to finish the day and the semester of films, the Americans got a glimpse at just how really crazy Brits could get when it came to comedy. Afterwards I headed to the library to print off my Supernatural film essay and prep the last two articles for Miller. 

In the time before dinner I watched 'Suits' and did some writing. A trend that I continued into the evening, whilst everyone else is busily planning their end of semester travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment