Thursday 17 April 2014

The Blog's Bicentennial...

Well, dear readers, it is the 200th blog post of my amazing time here at Washington College. I have decided that once my time here is passed I shall continue a new blog and I invite you preemptively to continue to join me when the time comes. Writing these posts by lamplight is somewhat of a habit now that I will find hard to shake off. 

But, enough of the future. This morning I wrote the penultimate paper of the semester on a genre of film coined by our very own Professor Richard Striner as 'Supernatural Romance' - films comprising of love, death and the afterlife. My particular topic was on 'The Presentation and Personification of Death and the Supernatural' within the genre. With that done and once I had eaten it was time for class. The rest of the afternoon passed with more 'House of Cards' - a serious addiction now. 

This evening, and a fitting event for such a momentous post, was my final dinner with David and Deirdre. This time I took Wilson as my +1 because he had not yet sampled Deirdre and Joan's amazing food, or the great company that everyone provides. Unfortunately, Fern has returned home to LA, so no wolf-husky for entertainment, but it didn't put too much of a damper on the evening - the Bellini's certainly helped to raise our spirits. I shall certainly miss our brief hiatuses from the dining hall to sit around a dining table with home cooked food in front of the fire. But, I thoroughly look forward to seeing David and Deirdre later in the year when we pass by their place in Canada. 

Returning back to Worcester, I watched the last two episodes of 'House of Cards' to round off another small era - what will feed my addiction now?

No comments:

Post a Comment