Wednesday 23 April 2014

Farewell Reception...

My apologies dear readers for letting the blog fall by the wayside the past couple of days, but they haven't been the most riveting of days to write about, what with term starting to wind down. 

On Tuesday I planned the last essay of the year on the Jesuit relations with Native Americans in New France, and played the piano for quite a while - I did say that not much happened. Although I did watch the second episode of 'Suits', which I have decided will make a good replacement to 'House of Cards' and prevent too much withdrawal from Kevin Spacey. 

Yesterday, I began the packing up process. Caitlin very kindly offered to store one of my suitcases at her house in DC until I need to swing by and take it for the flight home. So, I sorted out clothes and belongings that I didn't want to drag around America with me, decided what I would leave for next year's exchange students, and the few bits and pieces I still need. All in all, it looks quite manageable and I don't think I will have to ship anything home ahead of time, which is good. Although, the bookstore will be in for a shock when I bring my bag full of books to sell back to them. 


In the afternoon, myself and the other international students went down into Chestertown for food, drink and a farewell reception at the President's House, which was very nice. I had chance to chat with the President's wife, who is British and we made a date to meet up next year when I'm back at Holloway, which will be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment