Sunday 6 April 2014

Paint The Campus Purple...

Another day of non-academic work, but not quite as lazy as yesterday. This morning I had brunch with Sean and Marcela and then went back to Worcester to put the piling up laundry onto wash. Whilst it was on I played the piano for a while and then had to take my clothes back to my room because I wasn't fast enough to get in with the dryer. It being such a nice day - warmer than yesterday, I took my laptop and did some writing outside the library in the sunshine with Shana and Vanessa.

At 3:30pm it was time to go over to Mt Mary's on the Western Shore to help Katie take over our Paint the Campus Purple supplies for Relay. By 4:00pm we had coordinated who was doing what, so I started helping to chalk out huge cancer ribbons along the Cater Walk. The pictures don't really do justice to the size of them, but to give you an idea it took me until 5:30pm to do three. But, the sun was out, the sky was blue and the wind had dropped, so it really wasn't that bad. The rest of campus looks great with purple ribbons, balloons and flags all helping to make the visual last big push before the event on Friday. 

Afterwards I found Shana and Vanessa again in the dining hall for dinner. This evening I spent some time at KC and then headed to the library to do some more fun writing before another week of essay planning and writing to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment