Friday 25 October 2013

The Parents Are Across The Pond...

The big highlight of the day was seeing my folks for the first time in a couple of months shortly after breakfast. I had just enough time to give them a general tour of campus before classes started. The reaction to the college and Chestertown in general was overwhelmingly positive, which I had suspected, but the confirmation was still pleasing. 

After classes, they returned from a drive out, to pass over some things I had forgotten/needed for semester, and took away some summer clothes that are now redundant with the sudden drop in temperature this week. Most importantly was the big stash of good chocolate that came with them that is now hidden away in my room. I will drip feed it to people so that it does not go in one evening. 

I walked my parents into Chestertown and we had an earlier dinner at The Lemon Leaf, which was great. After food I headed back up to campus to go and see a senior thesis show, 'Almost Blue', written by Keith Reddin; a man who can always make me laugh one way or another - his show was no different. The performance was great and afterwards, inspired to continue writing, we went over to KC for wine and The Walking Dead, whilst I continued with the 1920s crime thriller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment