Monday 7 October 2013

A Shorter Week Ahead...

The shorter week has begun with a three day countdown to Fall Break and New York - one down, two to go! 

A second paper back in class with the third being returned on Wednesday. Outside of classes, I have spent the day adding pictures to the notecards to make them more exciting to read and hopefully, more memorable. With them finished, I now have my entertainment for the drive to New York sorted. 

After an early dinner, Sam, Lenka and I went over to Toll for a talk related to The Early Republic on the role of popular political culture in the American Revolution. The talk was interesting enough, aside from an incredibly long-winded, irrelevant observation from an elderly gentleman in the audience to wrap up proceedings. 

Then the three of us went to the library where I finished my notecards and Sam ruined Lenka's pristine work of lining up my pens in a smooth colour spectrum. I enjoyed them for a second before Sam slid them across the table, receiving a notepad to the face from Lenka for his troubles. After I had calmed the children and restored order, I wrapped up work for the day and moved on, as usual, to book work. After listening to an horrendous conversation between three frat guys behind us in which fights between panda bears (not actually bears) and polar bears were discussed, as well as different forms of non-shooting war. Thankfully they have now left and we can continue our work in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment