Sunday 20 October 2013

Four Papers Down, Four To Go...

Having not had enough of 'Play It Again Sam's' yesterday, after brunch me and Sam went down once more - me to continue writing the second film paper and Sam some reading for Miller this week. We spent a few hours in there, having a bite to eat and I managed to get over half of the essay done. 

Returning to campus, we went on to the library, where I spent the hours before an earlier weekend dinner finishing the paper  - family dinner at KC and a relaxing evening ahead as my motivation to keep going. Finishing the paper with some time before dinner, I went to the pianos in Gibson and spent half an hour tinkling the ivories. 

The dining hall had a specialty of crab being served at My Pantry, which I declined, not wanting a dodgy crab leaving me feeling rough in my week of visitors. There really is nothing more soothing than trying to chat over food with a deafening chorus of people smashing their crabs to bits with hammers. Aside from our neighbouring tables mimicking the ape in the opening scene of 2001: Space Odyssey and sending crab shell shrapnel flying in all directions for the tiniest morsel of meat, we managed to eat unscathed. 

Then, as usual, we headed over to KC where US Sam was cooking us pasta, which I'm sure had an actual name that I can't remember. I'm sure she will find it in herself to comment when this post is on Facebook and enlighten us. A big thank you to her for food. 

Following our miscellaneous pasta dish, I made six teas, memorising what each person has for future reference, and then we watched the first episode of The Walking Dead. I tried to shelve my skepticism of zombie-related dramas and stuck with two episodes. I think it has potential, so I won't give up on it. But with that, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones that I watched back in Worcester, my viewing schedule is becoming quite crowded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment