Saturday 26 October 2013

Parents, Pumpkins and Publications...

An early start to the day, despite it being the weekend. I got up and went down to the B&B to meet up with mum and dad. No sooner was I through the door, then I was seated at the table with a mug of coffee, a glass of orange juice, and a warm pumpkin scone, which was an excellent start to the day.

As it is Saturday the market was on as usual, so they got to see some of the regular town life of Chestertown, which was good. From the fountain square, we walked down past the old railway station, and to the college pavilion and boat house.

Here, we parted for it was time for me to head back up to campus for brunch whilst mum and dad continued walking further along the river. I ate brunch with the others and at midday, I walked back down to the B&B to go out for a drive with parents. We went back to Galena to show mum and dad some of the antique shops. I picked up a 1936 edition of 'The New Republic', which is a very useful source for two of my courses, and a vintage Red Socks baseball card for Addison, which he doesn't know about yet. 

Planning to spend the day and meals out tomorrow, we arrived back at campus for me to go to the dining hall for dinner. I ate with the others and caught up on the day's events before we went over to KC to chill out, along with some of the chocolate supply from home that mum and dad had brought over. As expected it was gorged on like the zombies of The Walking Dead that we watched, going after the desperately fleeing humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment