Sunday 27 October 2013

Passing Time In The Past Time Bar...

I went for a brief brunch today before heading down to the B&B to meet with parents and God-parents, who were in Chestertown for the day before continuing on their coast-to-coast drive. 

I gave a slightly different tour of campus, trying not to be repetitive. After picking up a drink at Java George to keep us going and bumping into a couple of people, I finished the campus tour and walked them into town for lunch and a drink at Sam's - I hadn't realised that there was outside seating out the back, which was nice as the day warmed up. 

We made a stop in the Bookplate and walked down to the waterfront where a tall ship was sailing into dock for the Downrigging Weekend next week. From there we walked through an historic area of town I hadn't previously been to, and then back to the B&B.

Making use of the car, we went on a drive to Rock Hall where they have an amazing retro ice cream parlour that also does food, which I intend to go back to with people at some point. That done, we drove back to Chestertown and relaxed for a while before heading to The Lemon Leaf for dinner. From there, we went next door to JR's Past Time Bar for some drinks and to watch the world series, where we ended up chatting to the bar tender for ages - I even played a while at the red piano in the lounge. 

(I am depending on donated photos for the blog post today)

No comments:

Post a Comment