Thursday 24 October 2013

A Power Cut...

Yesterday was a time to finish off some remaining work for this week and make any last requests for things to be brought from home before my parents set out today. I think I've asked for everything, but I'll no doubt remember some small detail once they've arrived. 

Once class had finished I headed back to Worcester to grab my things and went across to the library to work with Lenka before dinner. No sooner had I bought my tea, however, then a large portion of Chestertown lost power, including the library. So, amid the incessant door alarm, which was one of the few things that had ironically survived the outage, and the horrified screams of seniors who had been working on their unsaved theses, Lenka and I downed our tools and set about relaxing and doing book stuff instead. A short while later the power returned, meaning I could leave the library and come back inside - the joys of electric doors. So, when Shannon came in, me and her sorted out cameras for Kick Off! later in the evening. 

We ate dinner slightly earlier off paper plates and with plastic cutlery as the dishwasher had not been able to finish its load. Then, we returned to the library for a while before Shannon and I headed over to Kick Off! We had a good turn out, great speeches, ice cream, and we made some money, so I think we did pretty well in the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment