Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Half Way Point...

In the post-midterm euphoria I simply forgot to post yesterday. Not wanting to appear arrogant or falsely modest, I will say that the exam went okay, I think. Hopefully we'll get grades back soon as Miller needs to send them to the registrar's office pronto. 

After a morning of looking over notes and forming arguments, the midterm came and went in a blur of frantic scribbling, leaving the rest of the afternoon wide open. In the end I used the time to do laundry that had suddenly piled up after New York and caught up with episodes 2 and 3 of Homeland. Despite telling people how good it is and how it wins all the awards over and above the other shows they watch, I am yet to convince anyone else to begin watching it. But, I won't give up that easily and this series promises to be just as great as the previous two. I also spent a while chatting to parents, discussing the trip and the dreaded talk of Christmas ideas already - as usual I have very few. 

Then it was time for dinner, and after nearly two hours at the table, we headed to the library. Still enjoying the fact that the exam was over I decided to shelve any work for the evening and got on with writing the new book, which is becoming much more intense than I had originally envisaged.  

No comments:

Post a Comment