Tuesday 1 October 2013

Chestertown Family Meal...

Today was a slight mash of different bits of work. I started a plan for an essay and began reading for another, as well as buying notecards in advance for revising for the midterm. As usual I played squash mid-afternoon and then hung around outside for a while in the renewed warm weather until Caitlin had to go to class and I continued to read before 6pm.  

This evening I met up with David and Deirdre, my Chestertown family, for the first time and they had me over for a very nice dinner of fajitas and nachos. Having visited the brewery, it was also good to drink a couple of Steam Whistle beers. Both were extremely accommodating and made me feel at home. I also met up with their good friend Joan who worked as a reporter for the New York Times and as a book editor. She has said that she would like to read some of my work, which is good of her and so I look forward to some worthwhile feedback. An all round great evening eating around a kitchen table for a change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment