Monday 3 March 2014

Spanish Chicken Sunday...

Yesterday I had brunch after speaking with parents for a while, and then I went to the library to finish the last couple of chapters of reading. I also printed off the recipe for Spanish Chicken that I said I would cook for family dinner. 

So, needing some ingredients, I trekked down to Acme to buy the necessary items. I had the foresight to not trust the weather and took some plastic bags with me, for when I left the store it did start to rain. After transferring my shopping from the unreliable brown paper bags, I walked the food over to Lenka's gambling that someone would be in. 

After a tense minute dripping on her doorstep Lenka did let me in and I stayed in B for the rest of the day, having lugged my laptop and work around with me as well. I finished the rest of my Luminaria bags watching the penultimate episode of the first season of 'House of Cards', and then began preparing dinner. 

Whilst the food was cooking we relaxed watching the Oscars and ate just after 7:00pm. I think everyone liked the food - it was eaten and I have seen/heard from them all today, which is a good sign. After food, we did some Spring Break planning and watched the rest of the awards. Luckily, the final award was given a couple of minutes before the shuttle arrived to pick me up. So, I went back at Worcester making a mental note to actually watch the rest of the nominations that I haven't got around to seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment