Tuesday 18 March 2014

Changes in the Land...

Today was spent starting my essay for Miller on environmental history, which is very new and I actually like it a lot. The essay, based on William Cronon's Changes in the Land, looks at how Europeans came to dominate Native Americans through their uses of the land and ecological practices, and how the land changed because of it. Probably sounds boring to a lot of people, but I think it's interesting. Anyway, I wrote a few pages and then went to class. 

Afterwards, I did a stint on the Relay table for an hour and then, with some time before dinner, I chilled out with Will in Chester. He is still glued to the guitar but I always appreciate good live music playing. 

This evening I took some food over to a slightly ill Lenka and then kept her company for the evening, in which we watched Black Swan. A pretty creepy film, but I think I understood what it was all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment