Tuesday 25 March 2014

A Daring Rescue...

This may not come as a surprise, given the meteorology of this semester, but more snow fell today. The saving grace was that it didn't stick for a change, so no long lasting melt. This morning I finished the second half of my essay on the strengths and weaknesses of President Woodrow Wilson and then did a half hour stint on the Relay table before class. 

After class, I walked with Lenka over to KC, stayed a while and then headed back to campus to gym before dinner. Upon arriving at the bridge, we did have to stop a while to help a rather frantic Kristine, who had taken it upon herself to take a "shortcut" down one earth bank and then up the other. The shortcomings of loose earth and wet weather not being lost on you I trust. So, I did what any gentleman would do in the situation, I risked life and limb in good clothes to rescue a woman in need - no thanks required.

Anyway, after my good deed for the day, I went to the gym and did a less intense hour on the bike (20 miles), with some pretty severe lactic acid build up for an hour or so after I finished. This evening was spent doing book stuff and watching the second episode of the second season of 'House of Cards,' having started it yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment