Tuesday 12 November 2013

The First Flecks of Snow...

The temperature today plummeted and I was glad that it was such a short walk to the dining hall for breakfast. The fresh omelette and mug of tea that followed were all the more warming because of the wind outside. As I left Hodson there was even a brief flurry of snow in the air. The new winter coat has definitely proved its worth today. 

This morning before class I relaxed by creating a riddle/cipher of my own to test Lenka's metal. It's a perfect match - I like writing them and she enjoys solving them. Class came and went as usual and I learned some history on why America seems to have such a paranoia about alcohol and its misuses.

This afternoon I planned the penultimate essay and spoke to parents for a while, having not talked with them since they returned home from their short break here in Chestertown. I also read up on an article on Lincoln for Striner and caught up with one of two episodes of Ripper Street that I needed to watch in the new season. 

After dinner, I hung around in Worcester for a while with Marcela until the KC Shuttle began its service at 8:00pm and then went to Shannon's for the evening. Another day done with the mid-week hurdle fast approaching.    

No comments:

Post a Comment