Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hope Lodge...

As it is advising day tomorrow, the end of Miller's class marked the beginning of a brief period away from contact hours in which I need to finish an essay I've started and finish a book. Today was also spent faffing a lot with the Business Office in an attempt to top up my printing balance so that I can actually hand in my upcoming assessments, and after some hassle, the problem has been resolved. 

This afternoon, I and a handful of others on the Relay committee headed out to Hope Lodge on the edge of Baltimore. The lodge is one place that funds raised through Relay go to. Patients, carers and family members can stay at there for free in order to be close to their treatment facilities. It is a place where the many stresses and strains of travelling, cooking and other day to day tasks can be put aside, so that patients can focus on their recovery. We put on a breakfast for dinner theme, cooking eggs, bacon, ham, pancakes, and tater tots. It was great to see everyone enjoy the food and to get a chance to chat with some of the people staying at the lodge to hear how the money we raise really makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment