Saturday 9 November 2013

Culture Night & Blitz Ball...

Despite the late hour, I'm determined not to have three 'yesterday's' in a row. This morning I went to the dining hall early to meet up with Relay people. Afterwards, I went to the library with Marcela to continue with some reading and amending essays.

From there, I made my way across to KC to Shannon's and once Sean was back I took his keys and made use of his quiet kitchen to begin making the apple crumble - the only difference from my Nan's being that it had 1.2kg of brown sugar in it. Making the dish was easy enough and I must thank Marcela for helping out with peeling the many apples that went into it. All that was left, was to put it in the oven and then test it once it was done - Sean and Marcela helping with their opinions. Luckily, I managed to distract them from the crumble with a bar of Dairy Milk.

Once the food was cooked we went over to Hynson Lounge and laid it out along with a range of other savory and desert dishes from around the world, courtesy of the other international students. I must say, much of it put my cooking to shame, although five people said the crumble was their favourite dish, which was gratifying. 

At 8:30pm, we headed downstairs to the Blitz Ball and began dancing the evening away to songs of the war, jazz and swing. It was a great evening, so thanks to everyone who organised and set it all up. I did intercede myself at the end of the night, making sure that Jerusalem and the national anthem were played before clear up began. 

Pictures to come when I have the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment