Friday 29 November 2013

Food Glorious Food!...

So, now that I've had chance to digest my thoughts and the high quantity of food from yesterday, I will report in on my first Thanksgiving. We lazed around in the morning having pancakes for breakfast and watching the Macy's Parade. With over 80 balloons in the parade we really did only see a tiny number of them Wednesday night, but I was still good to spot the ones we did see as they passed by Macy's.

By midday the parade was over and family members started arriving by early afternoon. We started with some stuffed mushrooms for appetizers and then I pulled my weight to help carry some food up from downstairs and onto the table. All of the food was excellent and once again, a huge thank you to the lovely people that put in all the effort, so that we could stuff our faces. The turkey itself was carved up by Sean's dad and it really does take a medical man to do such a clean and thorough job with it. 

After dinner, we relaxed in front of the Thanksgiving football game and played some pool. All in all, an excellent day that I liken to a mini-Christmas. Now, the aggressive shoppers of Black Friday will soon face me and I shall have to use all the huffing and annoyed tuts I can manage if I am to get through the experience alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment