Thursday 28 November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!...

First off, Happy Thanksgiving from Sean's sofa in my pyjamas with a mug of tea, watching the parade!

Yesterday was a relaxing start after the long drive on Tuesday. Sean went out and got us well-known bagels of some kind - I'm sure he will tell me what when he reads this and I will have to amend the post. 

In the afternoon we made our way to the city (New York), and after a brief stop at Sean's grandmother's house, we took the metro to meet up with Marcela. Not wanting to get to the Carmine's late, we headed straight there. Well, we took an express by mistake, so we had to head back downtown a short way. But, we made it in time and sat down for some excellent food. Again, I will defer to Sean to tell me exactly what we ate, but names aside the food was great. 

From the restaurant, we walked down to the Macy's parade balloons for a sneak preview of what I'm now watching on TV. It was really good to a snippet of the tradition that you always hear about, but never have a chance to see in Britain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment