Saturday 2 November 2013

Happy Halloween!...

It has been mentioned to me more than once that there has been a lack of blog posts since Wednesday night, but for a good reason. With so many things going on recently, I thought I would place all Halloween related events into one post. 

During Thursday I finished planning and wrote the first half of the WWII paper. That night was the first fancy dress event, with myself attending as Sherlock Holmes - thanks to the German suite having us over. From there we went to Prince George's on the Western Shore and then down into town to JR's. In the bar I ended up serenading four very drunk older people who were convinced they knew the songs I had made up, clapping along with no sense of rhythm. 

Friday was a day of classes as usual and I finished the paper so that, aside from some reading that I could do in the car, I was work free and spend the last couple of days with parents. In the evening I donned my second fancy dress outfit of Lord Baelish ("Littlefinger") from Game of Thrones. The others went as white trash. From Lenka's we went to L302 and a big thank you to Phaedra for having us round, and to Jacqueline Torkelson for supporting me in the Game of Thrones theme. 

Today, I went to brunch and then went out for the day with parents for a drive around to local area to Cliff City and then Betterton, which looks like a good spot for a future BBQ on the beach. Tonight, me and Oz Sam went to the B&B to meet up and then we went over the bridge to Barbara and Bill's house on the river for great homemade food and the tall ships in the sunset and fireworks as a great backdrop. 

So, a busy few days and as always happens tonight feels like Sunday - yay! Tomorrow is a day out to Valley Forge, which, as a history nerd, I am very excited about. Now, however, I will relax with a mug of tea and a chocolate digestive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment