Wednesday 13 November 2013

An Electric Blanket...

Another great film today - 'Casablanca'. After classes, I made some last amendments to the WWII paper and then went to the library to print it off. I also updated for Relay and booked my place on the shuttles for our trip to DC next weekend. 

Following dinner I went over to Sassafras lounge for our sub-committee Relay meeting, in which we got down lots of details in no small part thanks to Shannon, for our Quidditch match fundraiser next semester. With everyone working tonight, I went back to Worcester to watch the final episode of season two of Game of Thrones and chill out. 

One annoying factor in the day's proceedings was that I continually received static shocks off door handles. This very probably has something to do with the fact that I removed the blanket from the quilt on my bed last night because I was too hot. Little did I expect the loud and painful snaps from lots of bright blue sparks as I took the blanket off. Having forgotten that I had stored a great deal of charge overnight, I reached for the door handle this morning and an electric bolt shot from my finger to the handle. Suppressing my highly manly shout of surprise, I hoped that that would be the end of it. Sadly it was not, and I have just rearranged my bed, hearing the ominous crackling beneath the blanket. But, I will now boldly go to do my teeth, taking the door knob firmly in hand.   

No comments:

Post a Comment