Sunday 18 May 2014

Nosing Around NBC...

Yesterday was an earlier start as I made sure that I had everything with me I needed for my last visit into NYC before I head out for DC on Wednesday. Sean drove me to the bus stop with my holdall and I took the bus into the city and the Port Authority. From there, I took the metro a short way and finally walking to Sutton Place, where my godparents were staying. 

After a quick catch up in the room we walked down the street to the local patisserie for some food and a drink before walking down to the river. There, we caught the ferry across to Williamsburg in Queens to see the food markets. Walking into the district we passed through the brewery quarters, stopping off for a drink in a local pub. 

We continued walking down to the Williamsburg Bridge, which we crossed to get back to Manhattan. Taking the metro I travelled as far up as Rockefeller Center to meet up with Jack, a new contact who works in a studio at NBC. I had a great tour around the studio before finishing up the day at an Irish pub a short way from Times Square for a couple of hours. From there I walked the short way back to the Port Authority, where I caught the 8:30pm bus back to Montville.

No comments:

Post a Comment