Thursday 1 May 2014

Into The First Day Of May...

Yesterday was the wettest day yet I think this year, with most of campus become one huge river of running water by lunchtime. 

In the morning and between class I played the piano and generally stayed out of the continuous downpour as best as I could. After class I went over to Sean's and spent the time before dinner writing whilst he finished essay work and then I looked over a paper for him. 

In the evening we hung out a while longer and then we went to see what the situation was with the first night of the May Day naked run around the campus green - before anyone says anything, I did not do it and won't tonight either. If anyone wants more information on the tradition, it is on Wikipedia with a full history of how May Day started. It was very weird at first, but once you've seen a bunch of drunk naked people, you've seen them all really. 

After a while, the novelty of the occasion wore off and, feeling peckish, we took a walk down to Rofo's as it was a warm night and no longer raining. We bought snacks and then walked back to campus to turn in for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment