Friday 16 May 2014

A Little Fall Of Rain...

Today our spell of hot, sunny weather was broken by a day of near continuous rain and downpours. However, after getting ready for the day, Sean and I drove to the nearby shopping centre and spent much of the time inside, so we only had to brace ourselves to and from the car. 

So, after several bank stops on the way, we grabbed lunch and did some clothes shopping. I, after many years of service and many back-handed remarks this semester, decided that the pairs of capris have had their day. We made a stop at American Eagle so that I could get a couple of new pairs of shorts in the sale for the upcoming warm days and, with any luck, some sunny weather when I get home. After that, we spent time getting Sean business clothes for his internship in Ireland.

All done with shopping the afternoon was still young, so we headed across the car park to the cinema, where we spent a couple of hours watching the new 'Godzilla'. Now, I'm not usually hyped by disaster/monster films, but I think it is well worth watching. And, not to sound too pseudo-intellectual, some of the shots and sequences were really impressive and effective. 

Following a drive through sheet rain to Montville, we ate dinner and then sat down to 'The Great Gatsby', which I haven't seen since almost exactly a year ago to the day, which is also when I began working on the current book project. I did indeed do some writing and caught up with a belated post for yesterday. I finished off the night with some more book and the final episode for season two of 'Suits'. Only the third season left and with no way of watching the episodes when I get home, I have a week to hit sixteen episodes - more than doable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment