Sunday 11 May 2014

Final Farewells...

So, although Friday was the last full day on campus, yesterday it was time to clear out our belongings, hand in our keys and say our final goodbyes at the CAC. 

Making sure I was up early, I crammed in the last few bits and pieces in what has actually been the easiest moving out experience at university yet, given that I can take very little back with me. That done, I checked out with Baker and shifted my bags into Sean's car. 

Then, we walked over to the CAC where everyone was waiting for the morning shuttles to take them to BWI or New Carrollton. It was a crushingly sad experience to have to say goodbye to everyone despite having plans to see some again in the near future and knowing that I will make the effort to stay in touch and visit everyone else. Even so, there were lots of tears and I don't mind saying that I was barely holding it together myself. But, at 9:00am the shuttles had a schedule to keep to and so did we. 

Departing from Washington College we drove Hjordis to Philadelphia for her to fly home to Germany. Detour made, we continued up to Montville where yet again I entered the Granata household dragging my belongings behind me.

We spent the rest of the day watching films and relaxing. As expected I ate as much food in one afternoon and evening as I have in the past few days. But, as always, the food is well worth it. I shall just have to continue with the running when I get back home. And so begins the final fortnight of my time in America and whilst I hope everyone enjoys there travels around the states and I look forward to the photos, I am looking forward to two weeks of relaxation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment