Sunday 11 May 2014

A Second Mothers' Day...

Today was my first relaxing day in New Jersey and, my second Mothers' Day in the US. After a breakfast of eggs, potatoes and toast, we freshened up and then took a ride out to the Granata side of the family for Sean to catch up with his relatives before flying out to Ireland. 

We stayed a few hours in the sun on the deck, me applying a couple of layers of sun cream in a somewhat vain attempt to prevent any burning. I did, however, get to wear my new sunglasses, Ray-Bans I might add - a bit of self-congratulation at a discount after a successful year at WAC, as well as a necessity to prevent my horrendous squinting. 

Returning home, we relaxed with some sangria before a Mothers' Day meal with chocolate covered strawberries and a mug of tea - these two weeks are seriously all about the great food. This evening we chilled out in front of the TV watching a series called 'Sirens' - literally a whole series. I think I'm starting to learn how to go about this 'relaxing' business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment