Wednesday 7 May 2014

German Suite Picnic...

Today was a more productive day, with the final bits of wrap up before Saturday. This morning I wrote a letter back to Blighty, did some emailing and took most of the stuff I am passing on to next year's internationals over to the GEO. An episode of 'Suits' was sneaked in there as well. 

At midday I had a bite to eat in the dining hall, bumping into Ester. Then I headed to ACME to get some food for Hjordis' birthday picnic. It being German themed in the German suite after rain called off using the green, I went for mini strudels. Arriving back on campus I played the piano for a while and then headed over to Chester to meet up with the others. 

Despite being inside there was still very much a picnic feel about the occasion, sitting on pillows and using a checkered cover for a tablecloth. It was an enjoyable couple of hours relaxing, doing the birthday cake and catching up with how everyone is planning on spending the rest of the summer. 

Afterwards, I walked over to KC to begin separating out Sean's kitchen things for Friday. Going to the dining hall and returning after food, I spent a couple of hours cleaning everything down and making sure that nothing was missing. Now, I just need to get some boxes to put it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment