Friday 13 December 2013

A Holiday Toast...

Dear loyal readers I write a special post,
if you like, my holiday toast.
To an all-round amazing semester
and now it is time for a month’s siesta,
away from all the exams and assessments.
But, this year abroad has been one of the best investments
I could have made to my life,
even if there was some paperwork strife.
And so, I raise a glass
to the happy times that have come to pass,
to the amazing people that made it real,
I don’t think I could have had a sweeter deal.
Here’s to all the friends that I have no doubt will last,
even when these days are memories in the past.
Many I will see in the New Year
though for several, we must part ways here.
It is always sad to say goodbye,
but we’ll see each other again, and I’ll tell you why.
Because the world is actually rather small,
and I’ll come looking for free lodging from you all.
When I look back on all we’ve done
it really has been rather fun.
From Annapolis, the BBQ and kayaking,
to the country concert and white water rafting.
Halloween, first Fridays, and Homecoming,
New York, DC, and Thanksgiving.
The Renaissance fair, the picnic and Phili,
Eastern Neck, Blitz Ball and Ocean City.
Yes, it was quite a semester indeed,
and through it all you’ve continued to read.
So, my final words go out to you,
I wish you luck in all you do.
I bid you farewell, love, and holiday cheer.
Here’s to a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment