Saturday 7 December 2013

A Week Of Advent...

So, I know I have a couple of days to catch up on, but as I said, with things winding down there isn't loads to say. Thursday was the final class of the year and with nothing to do until the exam on the last day, I decided to give myself the day off to unwind after a non-stop couple of weeks. In the evening we went over to KC to drink to the end of classes and jumping the final hurdle before the holiday. 

Yesterday, was spent lazing around in the library where Shannon works for a while, and then I went over to Sean's, where he, Marcela and I spent the afternoon under a blanket and watching 'Mickey's Christmas Tales' and then 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. 

Once the film was finished, I went back over to Worcester to get ready to go to David and Deirdre's (my host family's) house for dinner with some of the others. As ever the food was superb and their hospitality was excellent. Naturally Fern, their part wolf part husky was a huge hit with everyone. Before we knew it, we'd been their five hours and it was approaching pumpkin hour, so we headed back to campus. 

Whilst the other went out, Sean, Marcela and I resumed our positions under the blanket and watched 'Tomb Raider', not a very Christmasy film I'll grant you, but I'd never seen it before and it was British, so I was happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment