Wednesday 21 August 2013

Work Hard Play Hard...

Yesterday didn't feel as long as Monday did, I think because we had a range of smaller sessions that broke up the day, but it was a lot warmer. We had an insight into what the classroom environment in America would be like, which was mostly what I expected - smaller classes with discussion and informality. We also had some useful advising from Theresa on our J-1 visas and I opened a US bank account.

But, the day wasn't all about work. After dinner we moved onto the lawn and played some icebreaker games as a big group,  including rhythm master, the sun shines on me, and splat, the latter of which I failed miserably. However, I did find out that there is one other twin in the group and a few lefties. 

When we moved inside I learned how to play cornhole and I don't mind saying that I wasn't half bad by the end of the game. We also got the moves to several American dances, which wasn't as successful as cornhole, but I only trod on one person's feet - sorry Dale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment