Friday 23 August 2013

A Fresh Start For The Freshmen...

A final long day of induction activities yesterday, with all the Freshmen arriving in the morning and moving into their dorms - I did make the effort to introduce myself to the new guys on my corridor, but I think they were still a little shell-shocked and I didn't get much out of them. 

After lunch we had our peer mentor meeting, mine with Caitlin and then we moved onto the President's address amongst other speeches on Hodson Green. (I suppose I could have watched form my room if I wanted to.)

We had free time until dinner, after which we had Playfair and if I thought the Freshmen I had met were shell-shocked earlier in the day, they certainly were during that hour and a half - a big thanks to our excellent peer mentors for keeping their energy levels so high for so long.

Following Playfair was the frank and hillarious 'Sex Rules!' talk from comedian Maria Falzone and finally, I met Baker, my RA, for a brief chat about hall regulations and to check over the room. 

Hopefully a more relaxing day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment