Sunday 25 August 2013

A Week At Washington College...

After waking early, forgetting that it was brunch today and not breakfast, I managed to clean the clothes that I had previously thought were ruined. Next time I will know not to just throw the clothes into the dryer, successfully drying the detergent into the my shirts (cue text from exasperated mother). But, after a proper wash they are clean once more and back in the dryer. 

A relaxing afternoon meeting Addison and his friends moved swiftly to the All Campus Picnic at 6pm. The food was great - especially the crab cakes and once the sun went down we had a great firework display from one of the fields. A shout-out for Shannon's genius at putting on part of the 1812 overture from 'V for Vendetta' during the show. 

After the fireworks, I went back to Sean's to watch 'The Last House on the Left' - not the most cheerful end to the week, but at least I can say that I've watched it. 

The week of orientation is over and the work must now begin. I didn't get lost around campus, I wasn't left to eat alone in the dining hall, and I always had someone to chat with - for a good reason. So, before I sign off on these long and busy past seven days, I would just like to thank everyone who helped move in the international students, show us around and make us feel at home:

Student Guides:
Liam Aquino
Anqi Bai
Adele Bovis
Chris Carrara
Raquel Gomez Fernandez
Shannon Kirby
Andrea Ritsch

Student Peer Mentors:
Caitlin Macnamara
Hilary Badger
Marcela Morales-Quezada
Jeff Birkemaier
Melody Bishop
Patrick Cahill
Brandon Citrano
Jimmy Comotto
Todd Cooley
Sarah Coyle
Allison Davis
Jared DePermentier
Francesca DiPaula
Michael Festa
Kellyanne Ford
Shaneta Ford
Molly Gallagher
Sean Granata
Sam Gross
Emily Hall
Allison Halt
Drew Hobbs
Paige Kube
Greg Lee
Charles Logan
Robbie Mix
Obella Obbo
Joshua Rogers
Jenna Rogge
Hilary Rosenburg
Phaedra Scott
Abby Thomas
Blair Towers
Katie Wellington
Sarah Winters

Finally, a huge thank you to Kate McCleary and Theresa Capule for helping us with the application paperwork, getting us over to the states and to Washington College. Without you we would still be stranded back home. 

As much as I would like $215, these shout-outs are on me :)

I look forward to a great year at Washington College!

No comments:

Post a Comment