Monday 19 August 2013

Monday And The Mall...

I can't believe that it's only Monday. After all that we've seen and been told, I feel like I been here for weeks. But, despite the tiredness I am determined to keep up the daily updates during induction week whilst the events are still relatively fresh in my mind. 

Today began with our first breakfast in the dining hall, followed by a couple of brief talks by President Reiss and the VP of student enrollment. After moving from the dining hall we split up to get our college ID's, complete our immigration sign in and visit various areas of the campus, which was bigger than I had originally thought. 

After lunch, we spent a couple of hours with representatives from different departments in the college recruiting students for work throughout the year - I'm still undecided on a part-time job and will see how the first weeks of classes go so that I can try to gauge my upcoming workload. 
Thank you Kate for the photo!
(It's not all mine)

Then, at three we set out to Christina Mall to have dinner and collect any essentials that we needed. From what most people have said, tonight will be a much more comfortable night's sleep. Refraining from grabbing what I considered at the time to be "essential" items and over-spending, I came away with the last few items and I feel much more settled having done so. 

The biggest novelty that I have neglected to mention, was that we travelled in yellow American school buses. For any US students reading this, it may seem quite strange that I found it so noteworthy. But, for anyone outside the states, yellow school buses have been epitomised in US film and so to actually get to ride in one was a bonus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment