Monday 27 January 2014

Superbowl Setup...

Today I started thinking about the work for this semester with the arrival of my first course books. The first essay is roughly planned, which wasn't too difficult as there is a fair bit of overlap from last semester. Ideally I will write it tomorrow, if not all then most. 

This evening I helped to supervise the moving of Shannon's TV across to Lenka's in preparation for our Superbowl party on Sunday. With mugs of tea we sat down to '12 Years a Slave.' Not the most cheerful end to a Monday, I'll admit. But, having studied the period in-depth last semester, it was really useful to see a slave narrative brought to life. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you enjoy the film? Did you like it? It did exceptionally at the Golden Globes and is set to storm the Oscars. I also cannot wait for the Superbowl! I wish I was in America for it though you lucky man, who are you going to be routing for?

    From you dear friend,
    Tricky

    ReplyDelete