Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Snow Day, Seriously?...

Today I woke to an unexpected message that there would be no classes due to the heavy snow to come. Me and Ester shared a skeptical breakfast, mocking a dysfunctional system, as the sky behind us cleared without a single flake in sight. We've had to eat humble pie somewhat now that knee high snow drifts had piled up all over campus, and it's going to continue snowing heavily for the next few hours.

This morning I went for a much needed haircut and then I made my way over to Lenka and Kristine's to help move Sean's stuff from J to B. Having not planned on doing much strenuous work today, I felt that I did well helping to move the sofa up and down three flights of stairs and outside in the snow, amongst other things. 

Hungry from manual labour, we made our way over to lunch and then it was back to B to relax in the warm. We stayed sheltered until it was time to venture out for dinner. This evening, we had hot chocolate, toast, and sat down to watch 'Bobby'.

The crucial question on everyone's lips is of course: will we have classes tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment